Pages

Monday, May 23

Music Mondaze | Vibes




Music is my life, I swear it is. As far back as I can remember, I was a curator of music. I always stole blank CDs from my brothers to create new playlist that I childishly called "baby girl's mix" or the cult classic "Atta's mix vol. I - XIII". It became a routine to me to create a new playlist for me to jam to throughout the month. When iPods came into the mix, I started creating not only monthly playlist but mood mixes as well like "shower power" or "emotional rollercoaster". These mixes not only helped me through my rough patches in life but also became the soundtrack to my life. To this day, a song will play and I'll be transported to a moment in time and its associated playlist.


I've decided to bring back this tradition in miniature form here on my blog. Each Monday, I'll release 5-10 songs that just do it for me. Not sure exactly what format they'll come in just yet, so I'll need your help with choosing what works best. Leave comments below on what works best for you whether that be a downloadable track, a sound cloud playlist, Tidal playlist, spotify playlist or an emailed link to one of those or maybe even an option I didn't think of.

Now we get to this weeks mix which I have entitled: Mood: No Love Lost.  Life has been stressful not only in the professional sense but in the emotional sense as well. Let's just say I'm feeling very Drake writing Marvin's Room as of late so these songs match my mood. Sensitive, hypnotic lyrics played over soothing beats with just the right amount of I'm a boss to not make you call your ex to say I miss you. Just good music to listen to at TwoAM when you're feeling lonely.















Please make sure you download the mix and leave a comment below telling me what your favorite song is from the mix.


Follow




No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop my favourites: