Pages

Tuesday, August 9

Looking Back: Graduation | LIVE



(SQUUUUUUUUUUADDDD)




It has been 2 long years since I graduated from college with a Bachelor's degree in Marketing and time has certainly flown by. I would call it the biggest accomplishment of my life, not because of the importance placed on it by society, but more so because it was a goal I accomplished through pure determination. I wanted something, worked my ass off for it, and didn't give up when it got too hard which made walking across that stage so defining. It was solid and tangible and mine. Of course, I had the naive notion that I'd graduate, land an internship or a job that would set the course for the rest of my life but honestly for the last 2 years I've been flailing around trying to land on something solid but meeting nothing but shaky ground. I'm slowly starting to realize that maybe the plans that I've had for my life aren't exactly what will make me happy in the long run. Basically I'm taking a hard look at reality.






 I still want the same things out of life: happiness in the little moments, big adventure, stability and endless shopping sprees. I just believe now that it may not come to me the same way it did to LC on "The Hills" (which fueled my fashion as a career dreams and helped me believe I could attain it). I still have my career dreams but now I have other ambitions as well. I want to always be able to create things that I'm proud of. I want my squad filled with ambitious, creative beings who inspire me and challenge me to always go above & beyond and branch out of my comfort zone. For the past 2 years, I've been in limbo and I no longer wish to be there. Finally I realize that if I want all these things out of life, I have to go and get them, just like I went after my degree with fierce determination.  I want to take risks now. I wanna dance outside my comfort zone. I want to make a life, I don't wish to vacation from.





(Grandma, Mommy, me & God-Mommy)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop my favourites: