Pages

Thursday, January 31

Grunge Fitness | OOTD

I'm worse at what I do best
And for this gift I feel blessed
Our little group has always been
And always will until the end
-- Nirvana, "Smells like Teen Spirit"




Please don't laugh at my hair blowing in the wind photo, I was forced to do this, I promise!


Red Plaid Shirt - Thrifted | Grey Sweatshirt -Thrifted | Army Green Vest - American Eagle
Striped Leggings - Wet Seal | Grey and Yellow Socks- Target | Mustard Beainie -Target
White Chuck Taylors - Shoe Carnival  & DIY'd


While taking my pictures today, my brother called me a hobo fitness instructor. My family calls my style bum chic while I like to think of it as urban grunge. It's taking me quite a long time to grab a hold of my own personal style. Throughout my teenage years, I've bounced around the fashion spectrum from urban jock to prep school chic to brand name junkie to punk pop rock-star.  I know my closet is happy that I've finally settled on a style so it isn't constantly getting rearranged and cleared out. I have finally decided to accept the fact that I am a 90's kid through and through.  I am perfectly comfortable in Kurt Cobain worthy grunge outfit. I'm so inspired by how free spirited all the rockstars were back then and how they weren't afraid to be themselves. I pride myself on being cut from a different cloth and being an individual is so important to me. Don't get me wrong though, I do follow trends but I tend to make them my own. I don't think being mainstream is horrible but I do like to explore things that aren't quite as popular with the masses. Although grunge tops my list as favorite style of dress, I do not ignore the other trends made popular in the 90's like the silk Versace-esque shirts we wear nowadays or a chunky Dr. Marten boots. I totally adore ripped up denim, acid wash and high waisted anything. I have definitely grown a slight obsession with all things neon. I also dabble a little in Valley Girl wear like plaid skirts, knee high socks and oxfords or something from Blossom like hiking boots, overalls and a fanny pack. I guess I'll just always be stuck in the 90's. Tell me what decade best describes your personally style ...

Til Later Loves
xo Siatta

1 comment:

Shop my favourites: