Pages

Tuesday, February 19

Wild, Young & Free | OOTD

Is this life
Is this my time to waste
I got all this money calling me
How the fuck I'ma turn that down
-- Chris Brown, "Home"


















Grey Cheetah Cross jumper- Thrift'd & Diy'd
Faux Laeather pants - Rue
Nude pumps - Shoe Carnival
Blue Beanie - Taken from my Brother


Today has been a beautiful day, the sun was shinning and everyone knows that always puts me in a crazy good mood. I have literally had this outfit in my mind for some months now. I can't even remember where I got it from now but it was probably tumblr-inspired. I woke up this morning and decided to make this sweatshirt. I've been putting it off long enough and since I had a few hours before class, I went at it. I have a current love affair with the color grey. Although black will always be my favorite color to put on, I have been gravitating towards grey items lately. If a shirt comes in black, grey and white, I'll choose grey hands down. It is slowly becoming my favorite neutral. I'm not done with this jumper yet but I seriously have no patience and wanted to wear it today. I see this being something I throw on a lot this spring, it's quite trendy so i can pair it with many outfits and it's warm for those windy spring days. I have always thought leather (or faux leather jeans) were so rock'n'roll and fit my persona but I knew I couldn't pull them off. I no longer am saying that. I am in love with these pants and I definitely loved dressing them up and making it more sophisticated. I honestly can't wait to throw these on with a band tee and some chucks soon though. I have a slight shoe obsession and have debated over getting a pair of cute classic nude pumps for the longest. I got these babies on sale and I love how they look dainty and chic. Which only fuels my dainty heel obsession. I blame Rihanna, I swear I do. All her heels lately have been so coy and lady like. 

I know everyone has their opinion of Chris Brown but I honestly love Breezy. I have literally been listening to this song and watching this video constantly. It speaks to me on so many levels. My favorite line is :


I just wanna go back to the freedom
just take away the bullshit
and rewind the truth


This song just has vibe about it and i can totally relate to being able to go back home when life throws every curve ball it can at you and licking your wounds.When I saw the video, it was just so powerful and so symbolic. I'm diggin this new direction Cb is taking and  I am quite excited for his next album, anywho enjoy






No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop my favourites: