Pages

Wednesday, April 1

What's Happening Hot Stuff?! | Life



Life moves pretty fast.
 If you don't stop and
 look around once in a while, 
you could miss it.
-- Ferris Bueller's Day Off





























Ferris was right about many things especially the fact that life comes at you fast. One minute you're planning out your future then you blink, and your future is here before you could even formulate a plan of action. So I graduated from college (pause for hella applause and rump shaking) in August of last year and ever since then life hasn't given me a chance to breathe. I finally landed the internship of my dreams towards the end of the year. The owner of a local boutique named Bullets & Mullets has taken me under her wing and is training me to be an all around Girl Boss. The experience has been definitely a learning experience and I am loving every minute of it.  Above are pictures of my work as a visual merchandiser for my portfolio if I so happen to choose that career path. Everyday at work I find something new about who I am and where I wanna make my mark in this big ole' world!

On top of that, working full time and searching for a "big-girl" job has taken all of my sanity. After graduating, I found myself in a state of limbo and now (over 6 months later), I'm finally finding what I wanna do with my life and formulating how I'll get there. Being an "adult" is the biggest adventure I've been on as of yet. I'm learning everyday to embrace the changes and unexpected way that life falls together or in my case falls apart. SZA is an artist I discovered my last semester of college and she got me through those late nite study sessions. Her song Sobriety just resonates with me and although life can be SCRESSFUL but I'ma be fine anyway, I"ma be good.  


I found myself missing blogging so I'm back at it like I never left. I hope to continue this journey with a clearer focus on la style, la vibe & la life (aka my style, some serious music appreciation and the insight of a single black female addicted to retail). Some things will change, some will stay the same but I hope you continue with me on my journey of living a life worth calling DOPE.

Just a mini update on my life struggles, comment below if you want to do more post like these where I chronicle my life as a broke ass college grad searching for my piece of the pie!



1 comment:

Shop my favourites: